The Governing Council’s functions are to determine the nature of, and the broad policies for, the administration of the College in accord with:
- authentic Church teaching as befits the mission of the Catholic school.
- the constitutional structure and spirit of the religious congregations of the Sisters of Mercy and the Marist Fathers.
- the directives of the Tasmanian Catholic Education Commission.
- the spirit of the College’s Mission Statement
The Governing Council’s role is to:
- decide on any matters referred by any participant in the educational community of the College which remain unresolved by the immediate authority;
- judge and decide on any major changes affecting the nature and function of the College;
- coordinate the selection of the Principal under the direction of the Archbishop;
- advise on and approve the appointment of deputy principals and the business manager of the College;
- to advise the Archbishop on the terms and appointments of the ordinary members of the Board;
- to receive and approve the annual budget prepared by the Board.
Archbishop Julian Porteus